Skip to content

Do you need to register with us?

The following is a set of guidelines for registering with us. From the options below, please choose the situation that applies to you.

If you have additional questions or are still unsure if you need to register, please complete eRegistration.

Construction helmet icon
I run a construction business
restaurant icon
I run a restaurant or bar
sales icon
I run a sales and services, agriculture or manufacturing business
tranportation icon
I run a business in the trucking or transportation industry
homeowner icon
I am a homeowner or private resident hiring a domestic employee, such as a babysitter, nanny, cook, gardener, handy person, housekeeper, maid, etc.
other business
I run any of these businesses:
  • bank, trust and insurance company
  • trade unions
  • private schools or private day cares
  • travel agency
  • photographers
  • barbers and many hair salons (with exceptions)
  • funeral directing and embalming.

If you run a type of business not mentioned, check the employer classification manual to see further details on registration requirements.

For those who are not required to register with us, business owners can still choose to apply for optional insurance.

Compass: Guiding you to a healthy and safe workplace
WSIB@work seasonal newsletter