If you are a worker
or surviving spouse/dependent
and are currently receiving benefit payments: To ensure you receive your benefit payments as quickly and efficiently as possible please consider using the WSIB’s direct deposit services
Direct deposit is the fastest, safest and easiest way to receive your benefit payments.
It is also:
- Reliable – no risk of lost, forgotten or stolen cheques or postal delays
- Completely confidential
- Convenient – No need to spend valuable time depositing benefit cheques at your financial institution
- Accessible – your money is available as soon as it's deposited — no more cheque holds
- Great for the environment – saves paper
If you receive on-going benefit payments and have a Canadian bank account you can request direct deposit for your benefit payments.
If you would like to switch to this convenient payment option, fill out our WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form (PDF)
Sign up for direct deposit
By switching to direct deposit you will receive your regular payments directly through your financial institution instead of through the mail. (Direct deposit is only available for bank/financial institutions within Canada)
You can sign up for direct deposit into your bank account through one of the three options below:
1) Void cheque
- Complete Section A of the WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form (PDF) - ensure your claim number and signature are included; and
- Send in the completed WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form and a ‘VOID’ personalized cheque with your name pre-printed on it.
*Counter cheques are not accepted
2) Bank stamp
- Complete the WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form (PDF) - ensure your claim number and signature are included;
- Have your bank/ financial institution complete and stamp section B of the WSIB Direct Deposit Request Form; and
- Send in the completed WSIB Direct Deposit Form.
3) Pre-authorized direct deposit Form
- Go to your bank/financial institution and have them complete their direct deposit authorization form with your banking information;
- Ensure that your claim number, name, and signature are included on the pre-authorized bank direct deposit form; and
- Send in the completed direct deposit authorization form. Your bank may be able to fax the form to the WSIB on your behalf.
How to submit your direct deposit information to the WSIB:
You can submit your direct deposit information via email, fax or mail. Email
(this email is to be used only for submitting Direct Deposit forms) Fax
: 416-344-4684 or 1-888-313-7373 Mail
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
200 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3J1