Faster. Online. Anytime.
The WSIB’s online services are available 24/7, whenever you need them. They’re also quick and efficient, and can help you cut weeks out of the process time on your WSIB transactions.
eForm 7 - Employers’ Report of Injury/Illness
The online version of our Form 7 (Report of Injury/Illness) is the fastest way to report a workplace injury or illness. The online version of the form lets you bypass pre-populated and default fields, and you’ll receive an immediate confirmation of your submission and electronic notice of any status changes. You can also upload and immediately submit any relevant documents straight to the appropriate claim file.
You can save up to two weeks by submitting your form online.
There are a few ways you can submit your form - you can mail it, fax it, report over the phone or submit online. Once we receive your form, the process time is the same for each method - up to three days. But if you prefer to send us a hard copy, it could take up to two weeks longer to arrive at our office.
You can cut up to two weeks out of the waiting period for your Notice of Status Change.
Once we’ve processed your Report of Injury/Illness, we’ll send you a Notice of Status Change. If you’ve mailed, faxed or phoned in your Report of Injury/Illness, we'll print a hard copy of your Notice and send it to you. This could take up to two weeks to arrive at your office.
If you've submitted your Report of Injury/Illness online, we will send you an email with your claim number and status as soon as it’s available.
You can save up to two weeks when you need to submit additional documents that are relevant to a claim.
If you mailed faxed or phoned in your Report of Injury/Illness, and you need to submit additional documentation regarding your claim, you’ll have to submit a hard copy. This could take up to two weeks to reach the WSIB offices, and then up to four days for the team to review and link it to your file.
If you submitted your Report of Injury/Illness online, you can upload and electronically submit your documents for up to 90 days - and the documents will automatically link to your file.
Other ways eForm 7 will save you time:
- When an injury or illness occurs, you must submit a Form 7 Report of Injury/Illness within three days. You’ll receive a confirmation number when you submit online, verifying that your form has been submitted.
- You can easily review all of the claims you’ve submitted online in the past 90 days.
- If you're submitting a No Lost Time Claim, the online version will automatically complete over half of the form for you.
Important details about eForm7 - Employers’ Report of Injury/Illness
- You’ll need an eServices User ID which you can get here
- After you have signed up to use eForm 7, you will receive a confirmation email. You can then access the service using the website link provided in the email.
- If you’re a Schedule 2 Employer (your firm number begins with "8"), please use Rate Group Number 999 and Classification Unit Code 0000-999
Please contact 1-888-243-1569 or 416-344-4122 (TTY: 1-800-387-0050) between the hours of 7:30am to 5:00pm EST, Monday to Friday for all eService inquiries and support issues.