For the record
From time to time, inaccuracies about the WSIB are published in the media. It's important to remember that everyone makes mistakes, but it's just as important to correct them in a timely and appropriate fashion.
For various reasons, corrections don't always happen, so the WSIB provides this page as a service to clear up mistakes and inconsistencies.
Our responses are not about differences of opinion, but simply about making sure the public record is fair and balanced.
- Family doctors remain at the centre of care for injured workers
- Salary and benefits disclosure - I. David Marshall, President and CEO
- Retraining and consultation for the WSIB's Work Reintegration program
- Clarifications regarding Toronto Star article printed December 8, 2009
- Clarifications regarding Toronto Star article printed December 5, 2009
- 2010 maximum insurable earnings
- Guelph Mercury articles: WSIB Chair, Steve Mahoney sent this Letter to the Editor (143k, pdf) to correct some inaccuracies in recent articles that ran in the Guelph Mercury
- Media reports from April 28, 2009: The WSIB wishes to clarify some statistics used in recent statements at Day of Mourning events on April 28, 2009.
- Clarifications about Randy Hillier's claims