Prevention information: overview
Preventing workplace injuries and illnesses is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace. Workers play a key role in making sure your workplace is safe.
As a worker you have the right to:
- Know about danger.
- Participate in making your workplace safe.
- Refuse unsafe work.
You also have the responsibility to:
- Work safely.
- Report unsafe conditions.
- Wear the right safety equipment for the job.
- Ask your employer first.
Preventing occupational disease/illness in your workplace
To prevent disease and illness, workplaces must identify health hazards and eliminate or control them:
- Find out about WSIB services, programs and initiatives aimed at eliminating occupational diseases and illnesses and assisting affected workers and their families.
- Access resources prepared by the WSIB on the prevention and causes of some occupational illnesses.
- Access key websites, including our health and safety partners information
Health and safety training programs