Prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
MSDs account for 40% of all lost-time claims in Ontario workplaces. What are you doing to control hazards that could lead to MSDs in your workplace?
The MSD prevention series
MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario, Part 1 (766k, pdf) provides a recommended framework for MSD prevention that can be used in any industry.
Resource Manual for the MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario, Part 2 (1.4mb, pdf) shows how to implement the process described in the Guideline, and how to recognize, assess and control MSD hazards.
Part 3, MSD Prevention Toolbox provides easy to use tools and worksheets to help you identify hazards that can cause MSDs and build solutions to eliminate and control them:
- Part 3A: Getting Started (1.8mb, pdf)
- Part 3B: Beyond Basics (476k, pdf)
- Part 3C: More on In-depth Risk Assessment Methods (323k, pdf)
Prevent MSD information sheets
These information sheets promote the roles workplace parties have in the prevention of MSD:
- Employers (149k, pdf)
- Workers (150k, pdf)
- Supervisors (121k, pdf)
- Health and Safety Representatives / Joint Health and Safety Committee Members (149k, pdf)
Other MSD resources
- Musculoskeletal Fact Sheet ( 86.3kb, PDF)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries ( 315.3kb, PDF)
- Prevention Practices Database
- Ministry of Labour Prevent Workplace Pains & Strains
- Ministry of Labour Pains & Strains Key Topics