Slips, trips and falls
Every year, about 10 workers die and 15,000 miss time from work because of their injuries from a slip, trip or fall at their workplace.*
- Do you know what can cause slips, trips and falls?
- Do you know what to do to prevent them?
- Does your workplace have rules or standards for keeping the workplace safe?
- Do you know your role and responsibilities for workplace health and safety?
Learn about the hazards that can cause slips, trips and falls, and what you can do to prevent them:
- Preventing slips, trips and falls in the workplace brochure (164k, pdf)
- Slips Safety (155k, pdf)
- Heights Safety (197k, pdf)
- Ladder Safety (155k, pdf)
- What does the law say about hazard recognition (148k, pdf)
- Hazard recognition, assessment and control (141k, pdf)
- Preventing slips and falls poster - Prevention tips (140k, pdf)
Tips on how to prevent falls from heights, slips and trips hazards (only available by downloading)
- Preventing slips and falls poster - What we can do (171k, pdf)
Tips for employers, workers, and supervisors on how to prevent slips and falls (only available by downloading)
- Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act poster (45k, pdf)
* Source: WSIB, Statistics 2008