What is eClearance?
Easily and conveniently get a clearance to demonstrate your account is in good standing. Check the validity of a clearance to avoid financial liability when employing contractors. View clearance status at any time.
Note: Learn more about changes to clearances.
Access eClearance now — no login required.
Reminder for Contractors not on their principal’s list: You can renew clearances starting five days before the expiry date.
|Expiry date:||Renew starting:|
|February 19||February 15|
|May 19||May 15|
|August 19||August 15|
|November 19||November 15|
Renew now by:
1. Logging into eServices and launching eClearance
2. Clicking on the Renew My Clearance Certificates feature from the Tools menu
3. Clicking the Renew Clearances button — clearances that can be renewed will have a check mark
Read our user guide (624.1kb, PDF) about contractor clearance renewal.
If you are on a principal’s list, your clearance will renew automatically.
Important information about Sign Up or Enrolment for eServices
After you have signed up or enrolled for a new eService, please wait for our confirmation email. You can then access the eService using the website link we provide in the email.
Sign up to manage even more of your clearance needs
Enrol to access a customized version of eClearance to help you manage the clearance process:
- Manage lists of contractors,
- Automatically issue new clearances,
- View your firm’s history of clearances,
- Receive a variety of automatic email notifications, and more.
To access these features:
1. First, sign up for an eServices account (if you don’t have one already).
2. Then, log in and enrol in the eClearance service. You will need your WSIB firm or account number and, in most cases, the amount of the most recent payment you made to the WSIB.
If you are the first person to sign up from your organization, and you haven’t yet made a payment to the WSIB, you will need your Canada Revenue Agency Business Number and any one WSIB rate group number under which you’re classified.
Need help with eClearance?
Read our user guides.
You can also use eClearance Mobile to access our eClearance service.