4111-099 : Heavy Engineering Construction
- Class G: Construction
- Application Date
- January 1, 2005
- Rate Group
- 723 : Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Construction
- 4111-099 : Heavy Engineering Construction
- Document No.
Compulsory under Schedule 1
Business activities include the construction of
- acid plants
- ammonium plants
- blast furnaces
- cement plants
- chemical plants, industrial or heavy
- coal treating plants
- compressor, metering, and pumping stations, gas and oil
- electric power plants
- heavy industrial plants, mills, factories
- heavy water (deuterium oxide) plants
- hydroelectric generating stations
- iron foundries
- natural gas cleaning and processing plants
- nuclear power plants
- nuclear and thermal generating stations
- oil and petroleum refineries
- oilfield structures and facilities (excluding pipelines)
- ore milling and metal processing plants
- pelletizing plants, metal concentrate
- petro chemical plants
- power dams and penstocks
- pulp and paper mills
- refineries, metal
- solar collecting and central receiving structures
- thermal power plants.
All business activities carried out underground for the mining industry are considered mining activities and must be classified in the appropriate Class B - Mining CU.
For information on classifying construction work by contract, see the section titled "Classification of Construction Activities" in The Classification Scheme, document 14-01-01, located in the Operational Policy Manual and in the Reference section of this Manual.
B-110-02, Gold Mines, Contracting.
B-113-02, Nickel Mines, Contracting.
B-119-16, Other Mines, Contracting.
G-711-04, Septic System Installation.
G-723-02, Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Construction.
G-732-01, Gas and Oil Pipelines, Construction.
G-732-04, Other Heavy Construction.
H-830-01, Power and Telecommunication Transmission Lines.